The fun part of writing a book is describing how characters see each other, especially if it’s for the first time. In A Heart Not Easily Broken, Ebony and Brian’s first encounter was in a night club beneath strobe lights, the ‘masks’ were on, and first impressions hard to see. A few days later they meet again and she gets to see the real him, no night lights, no masks….all real….And man, is she impressed!
His long torso, free of body fat, sported a light sprinkling of blond hair between his pecs. His abdomen showed every cut of muscle I’d seen in high school biology textbooks. His abs were tight, his belly button nearly nonexistent.
Brian’s bronzed skin reminded me of a Greek statue, a testament of many hours spent working outside. His backward baseball cap hid the thick blond curls I’d seen at the club. The damp ringlets hung below its rim, accentuating his square facial structure and the shape of his nose. His blue eyes seemed to glow from deep within his skin.
Brian was unbelievably sexy.
If you haven’t read the Amazon Bestseller, A Heart Not Easily Broken, buy your copy today! It’s $3.99 and available for Kindle, Nook, iTunes, and on Smashwords. If Paperback is what you prefer, find it on Amazon or Barnes & Noble!
M.J.Kane- Women’s Fiction/Interracial Romance/Contemporary Romance
Ebony is a smart, sexy, career-oriented black woman who wants nothing more than a summer fling with a man who challenges her mind and body. What she doesn’t expect is a blond-haired, blue-eyed bass player—who won’t take “no” for an answer—to accept the challenge.
When Ebony’s attempt at a brief fling turns into more, despite negative reactions from friends and family, she finds juggling love, family, and career are nothing compared to the ultimate betrayal she endures. Now her dreams spiral into lies and secrets that threaten her future and her best friend’s trust.
For more information on The Butterfly Memoirs Series and a sample of the next book, Jaded, visit this link!
Looking for more #8Sunday Samples? Visit this link!
Thank you for stopping by! I love to make new friends. Got questions or comments? Leave a comment, or connect with me online!
- Let’s Talk About It: What Does Friendship Mean To You? (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #8Sunday- Jaded (Book 2 of The Butterfly Memoirs)- What would you do? (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #TeaserTuesday- The Butterfly Memoirs: Life, Love, Tragedy, and Triumph… (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #TeaserTuesday- Jaded (Book 2 of The Butterfly Memoirs)- Zachariah’s introspection (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #8Sunday- Jaded (Book 2 of The Butterfly Memoirs) and the winners of the JADED BLOG TOUR! (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #8Sunday- Jaded (Book Two of The Butterfly Memoirs)- Words of Wisdom (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #8Sunday- Jaded (Book 2 of The Butterfly Memoirs)- Sometimes it’s hard to know where to draw the line. (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)