Those are the type of stories I write.
When I decided to become an author, the first thing I did was read…a lot. I read books by authors I idolized. I read books by authors I’d never heard of. I read books that were bestsellers, and books that weren’t getting the best reviews. Contemporary Romances, Erotic Romances, Military Romance, and Romantic Comedies…anything that got my attention, I read it.
Then, I decided to write my story.
I wanted to do something different from what I read and focus on the unique voices of each character. I wanted each character to tell the story in their voice, share their private thoughts, their diaries. If you like emotional reads that grip you and have you rooting for the hero and heroine and want to truly get to know these individuals…this series is for you.
The Butterfly Memoirs are stories that follow a group of characters as they deal with the trials of real life. Each book follows a different character who’s life has it’s own path to travel. The characters are everyday people struggling to reach their dreams. They could be you, me, or the neighbor next door. They are imperfect, make mistakes, struggle with family and friendships. They argue, they disagree, they hurt the one they love, then fight to get them back. Somewhere in-between it all, they fall in love and discover happiness.
And at the end of their journey, like a butterfly who goes into a cocoon and emerges changed, so do my characters.
Life. Love. Tragedy. Triumph.
Try a sample of these bestsellers today!
Ebony is a smart, sexy, career-oriented black woman who wants nothing more than a summer fling with a man who challenges her mind and body. What she doesn’t expect is a blond-haired, blue-eyed bass player—who won’t take “no” for an answer—to accept the challenge.
When Ebony’s attempt at a brief fling turns into more, despite negative reactions from friends and family, she finds juggling love, family, and career are nothing compared to the ultimate betrayal she endures. Now her dreams spiral into lies and secrets that threaten her future and her best friend’s trust.
A devastating breakup leaves Yasmine Phillips in shambles. Unable to trust another man with her heart, she focuses on the one thing she can control—starting her own business.
When her computer crashes, taking months of hard work with it, she must rely on computer genius Zachariah Givens to save her. A complete opposite of men from her past, she doesn’t expect the passion that ensues. But just as she finds happiness, she learns the truth about the other women in Zachariah’s life.
- #TeaserTuesday- Jaded (Book 2 of The Butterfly Memoirs)- Zachariah’s introspection (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Talk About It: What Does Friendship Mean To You? (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #8Sunday- Jaded (Book 2 of The Butterfly Memoirs)- What would you do? (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #TeaserTuesday- Jaded (Book Two of The Butterfly Memoirs) Hot!!!!! (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #8Sunday- Jaded (Book 2 of The Butterfly Memoirs) and the winners of the JADED BLOG TOUR! (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- #8Sunday- Jaded (Book Two of The Butterfly Memoirs)- Words of Wisdom (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)
- Jaded – Book Two of The Butterfly Memoirs Blog Tour! (authormjkanebooks.wordpress.com)